I stayed home sick today with a sore throat and spent a whole lot of time doing nothing. Just now I started watching the pilot of due South , or dueSouth , or Due South . (Help? Even after all these years, I don't know how to type that.) I'm twelve minutes in and it's already one of the most gorgeous things I've ever seen. I don't remember the last time I watched it--years ago, probably--but it's like I'm seeing it for the first time. I love when memory's kind like that: bad enough that the old seems new, and good enough that you can recognize what you've loved. herself_nyc, I wish I'd had the pilot on DVD when you visited and had had the brains enough to show that to you first in my attempted pimping. I'm a sucky pimp! Maybe we can take another stab at it someday if someone doesn't beat me to it. I return to my couch now.