?

Log in

No account? Create an account
 
 
21 May 2004 @ 10:28 am
tgiffy  
I'm trying to go cold-turkey and not read LiveJournal at all for a while, or else I risk getting pricklier about Angel spoilers than I already am and annoying my friends more than I already have, not to mention the risk that I'll lash out against people I like who are just doing what's natural, holding a communal wake to celebrate and mourn.

My chief worry, of course, is that I'll miss the hot porn.

I've planned my finances for the next four months; my last day of work before my leave begins is June 4. I desperately want to use this time wisely and well.

Meanwhile, I'm getting later and later on my Inquisition back-up assignment. Must work on that.

I rate this post an 8.3 on the Bohringt Scale.

ETA: I'm just a bit tense right now. Not sure how evident that is. Hopefully I'll start to chill out once my leave kicks off.
 
 
 
deaverdeaver on May 21st, 2004 10:43 am (UTC)
Sounds like you time off is going to go well, or at least that you are planning it well.

Will you be avoiding LJ for long or will you be catching up with Angel soon?
Anna S.eliade on May 21st, 2004 01:15 pm (UTC)
I thought I'd catch up on Angel when I finished my last noir story, but that's been a while, and I didn't. Now my thought is that I'll catch up when my leave starts. But it's hard to say. Today I'm so ragged I can't think more than five minutes ahead....
deaverdeaver on May 21st, 2004 02:17 pm (UTC)
Well hope you get plenty of rest during your leave, and catch up when you have both the time and the interest to do so!
the pound sign is silent.lattara on May 21st, 2004 10:48 am (UTC)
Odd, that. I had it at 6.9.
Anna S.eliade on May 21st, 2004 01:15 pm (UTC)
*pokes you* ;>)
your royal pie-ness: xander half-smile (psychodragon82)entrenous88 on May 21st, 2004 10:59 am (UTC)
Hmmm...maybe a bit tense b/c you've got leave coming up? It sounds like a great change, but it's a change nonetheless, and that's always stress-making.
Anna S.: tropical_treeseliade on May 21st, 2004 01:16 pm (UTC)
Yeah, ironic but true. But at this point, 90% of stress is just getting through the days till 6/4. The other 10% is perhaps dentistry....
Herself_nycherself_nyc on May 21st, 2004 11:00 am (UTC)
Delighted you're taking the summer off--and envious. I hope you won't disappear, tho'! If you're not LJing, please email. Pester me. I like it.
Anna S.eliade on May 21st, 2004 01:16 pm (UTC)
Oh, I'll be around to some degree or another. :)
Destinadestina on May 21st, 2004 11:50 am (UTC)
I rate your post a 5.2; stylishness and actual content lowered your score. *g* I gave my own post this morning a 9.5 for lack of content and mundane glimpses of real life. *shudder*
Anna S.: cat_chickeneliade on May 21st, 2004 01:16 pm (UTC)
Heh. *kisses you*
Louis Litt's Baby Mommaslackerace on May 21st, 2004 12:03 pm (UTC)
My chief worry, of course, is that I'll miss the hot porn.

I feel your pain. Precisely the reason I am unable to stay away either, spoilers be damned (altho I did actually see the finale, I did not see other eps throughout the season in a "timely" fashion and was bombarded with LJ cut tags and uncut spoilerish posts).
Anna S.eliade on May 21st, 2004 01:18 pm (UTC)
It's hard. Yesterday I kept trying to automatically click through to read and then my finger would freeze and I'd be like, "uh, what do I read instead?" a dozen times or so. Today I'm really tired for some reason so I can't even lift my finger to click, so that's something.
Trepkostrepkos on May 21st, 2004 01:08 pm (UTC)
"My chief worry, of course, is that I'll miss the hot porn."

Like, you are not the Queen of hot porn, with Spike and Xander dancing attendance on your every thought....

My chief worry is that if you take a break for the LJ, we will miss out on the hot porn you have in your head.
Anna S.: spandereliade on May 21st, 2004 01:19 pm (UTC)
Aw. You're sweet. If I have any porn to share, I'll post it. And I hope others will post links here. :>)
beowulf1 on May 21st, 2004 02:00 pm (UTC)
If your LJ is any indication, you've planned this time off well. When you have tickets in hand, so to speak, its hard to wait on the calendar.

When I left my last job I felt as though the weight of the world had been lifted off my shoulders. It was such a wonderful thing to know that I didn't have to drag myself into work and make nice with people I didn't give a rats ass about. The ones I cared about I'd keep in touch with anyway.

I'll still be checking in on your LJ from time to time. You are my favorite fanfic author, and I'd hate to miss anything you post.
rubywisprubywisp on May 21st, 2004 07:30 pm (UTC)
*hugs and love*